we know recreational architecture.
WNB has worked on dozens of recreational architecture projects. We enjoy working closely with communities and operators throughout the planning, design, and building process as we create recreational spaces. Our end goal in these projects is to encourage wellness, joy, and fun in the users of the new or renovated facilities. While our projects achieve memorable user experiences, our clients have learned they can trust our forward-thinking in the maintenance and operations and enjoy the return on their investment.
our success together.
We understand that a significant portion of a client’s image resides within the buildings they occupy. Therefore we design environments with our client’s clientele in mind. We undertake each project enthusiastically, working with operations or property administrators and branding representatives who have an intimate knowledge of their organization’s inner workings.
Through our collaborative working processes, we have been fortunate to develop numerous long-standing relationships with many parks and recreation departments and other recreational architecture clients. We are proud of how many repeat clients we serve and look forward to adding you to that list.
- Colby City Aquatic Park – Colby, KS
- Dillon Family Aquatics Center – Fremont, NE
- High Blue Wellness Center Natatorium Addition – Belton, MO
- Fred Maytag Pool Bath House- Newton, IA
- Memorial Park Outdoor Water Park – Belton, MO
- Paola Community Pool - Paola, KS
- The Salvation Army Three Trails Camp & Retreat Center Bathhouse & Pool* - Kansas City, MO
- Spring Hill Aquatic Pool House – Spring Hill, KS
- Multiple Regional YMCA Facilities (Natatoriums, Indoor & Outdoor Aquatic Facilities)
athletic facilities, community centers, & places to gather.
- Harrisonville Community Center - Harrisonville, MO
- Heartland Sports Arena - Kansas City, MO
- High Blue Wellness Center & Natatorium* - Belton, MO
- Joplin Field House - Joplin, MO
- Kemper Outdoor Education Center – Blue Springs, MO
- Liberty Community Center Renovations - Liberty, MO
- Memorial Station – Belton, MO
- Olathe Sports Arena - Olathe, KS
- Sugar Creek Community Center - Sugar Creek, MO
- Sylvester Powell Community Center* - Mission, KS
- Tony Aguirre Community Center* - Kansas City, MO
parks, master plans, & supporting facilities.
- Belton, MO Park Master Plan – Belton, MO
- Buffalo Park - Wichita, KS
- Cimarron Trails Park - Belton, MO
- Community Park – Jefferson City, MO
- Jefferson City Master Plan – Jefferson City, MO
- Jefferson City Parks Management Center – Jefferson City, MO
- Highland Park Sports Complex Concession Building – Kansas City, KS
- Markey Park* - Belton, MO
- Memorial Park Master Plan - Belton, MO
- Memorial Park Concession Building – Raymore, MO
- Shiloh Springs Golf Course Maintenance Facility Addition* - Platte City, MO
- Wallace Park Master Plan - Belton, MO
- 8th Street Family YMCA* - Kansas City, KS
- Atchison Family YMCA* - Atchison, KS
- Blue Springs Family YMCA - Blue Springs, MO
- Bonner Springs Family YMCA - Bonner Springs, KS (recreation design consultant)
- Cleveland College YMCA Express - Overland Park, KS
- Cleaver Family YMCA - Kansas City, MO
- Fair Acres Family YMCA - Carthage, MO
- Fred and Shirley Pryor YMCA Sports Complex - Kansas City, MO
- Independence Family YMCA* - Independence, MO
- Lee’s Summit YMCA Express- Lee’s Summit, MO
- Lenexa YMCA Express - Lenexa, KS
- Linwood Family YMCA* - Kansas City, MO
- Olathe Family YMCA - Olathe, KS
- Paul Henson Family YMCA* - Prairie Village, KS
- Platte County Community Center North Phase I & II – Platte City, MO
- Platte County Community Center South Phase I & II – Parkville, MO
- Providence Family YMCA - Kansas City, KS
- Quality Hill Family YMCA* - Kansas City, MO
- Red Bridge Family YMCA* - Kansas City, MO
- Richard C. Green Family YMCA - Raytown, MO
- Thomas Roque Head Start
- Vivion Road Family YMCA* - Kansas City, MO
recreational architecture portfolio.
let's work together.
We believe our success is a direct result of listening to you - administrators, staff, and stakeholders. We turn a list of project wants and needs into project solutions and successes.